May 4-8 is Teacher Appreciation Week, a time when the hard work of teachers across the country is celebrated. However, every day of the school year, your children have benefitted from the exceptional Billerica teachers, administrators and staff to motivate, educate and inspire them to be the best they can be.
Please support their efforts and honor their dedication to our children by donating to the Fifth Annual “Honor Thy Teacher” Campaign. Proceeds from this campaign will go directly to support the innovative grant program sponsored by the Billerica Partners for Education (BPE).
Over the last several years, the Partners have given over $240,000 to teachers in the Billerica Public Schools through competitive grants. These grants directly benefit Billerica’s children with innovative programs spanning math, science, history, geography, and the arts—programs that would not, under normal circumstances, be funded through the operating budget.
The suggested donation is $10 for each teacher or staff member, such as administrators, secretaries or custodians that you would like to honor. The deadline for “Honor Thy Teacher” is Wednesday, April 27, 2016.
Honor Thy Teacher Program
We will celebrate the honored Billerica Public Schools teachers, administrators and staff by:
- Providing honored teachers and staff with a certificate
- Listing all honored teachers and staff in the Billerica Minuteman
- Sharing honoree names with the Superintendent and Principals as well as the Billerica School Committee
- Ensuring that your donation goes directly to support the innovative grant program sponsored by the BPE
- Holding a ceremony to be held at the Annual Billerica Partners for Education Meeting on May 4, 2016.
The Billerica Partner’s for Education is a non-profit organization that raises funds to enhance the quality of education in Billerica’s public schools.