Please join the Billerica Partners for Education for our inaugural Adult Spelling Bee competition.
- Friday, April 29, 2016, at 7 PM
- Billerica Lodge of Elks, Webb Brook Road, Billerica
The format of the Adult Spelling Bee is as follows:
- In each of the qualifying rounds, teams of up to four will compete, spelling 20 words in a traditional pencil/paper format.
- Each word will be pronounced, defined, and used in a sentence.
- Teams can discuss the spelling and write the word on the provided score sheet.
- At the end of each round scores will be tallied and displayed.
- At the end of three rounds, the top teams will advance to a sudden death spell-off.
- In the final spell-off, one team at a time will be given a word.
- The word will be pronounced, defined, and used in a sentence.
- The team can discuss the spelling, but only one person will spell the word into a microphone.
- If the word is spelled correctly, the team continues to the next round, if incorrect the team is out.
We’ll keep spelling until we have a winning team!
REGISTER NOW: You can register online here.
The event is a fundraiser for the Billerica Partners for Education Innovative Classroom Grants program.